Crostini are small slices of grilled bread with different toppings and served as appetizers. An italian classic is grilled slice of ciabatta rubbed with fresh garlic, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper that can also serve as a good base to upgrade to more colorful creations.
My crostini is somewhere in between rustic, french and mediterranean. You can serve it as an appetizer, but can also work as a snack or a light main thanks to its simplicity but yet complexity of flavors.
A good rustic bread with walnuts, topped with some french cheese and balsamic glazed strawberries rounded with a hint of mediterranean freshness of thyme is a pure poetry.
It is so good that I have no words left. Just treat yourself with a glass of cabernet besides.
- rye or buckwheat bread with walnuts
- balsamic vinegar (aged)
- fleur de sel
- Open a good bottle of cabernet!
- Cut thin slices of bread and top with slices of camembert.
- Cut strawberries in 0,5 cm slices and add on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle with approx. 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar, thyme and flour de sel.
- Oven roast at 200°c until golden brown.